Wednesday, December 08, 2004

And I'm free in you
I've got no worries on my mind
I know what to do
That's to treat you right
And love you kind
Thank you ever on my mind
Love is just like breathing
When it's true
And I'm free in you

So last night was Iris's night. I went to Meg's house to and first thing, Iris didn't cry when she saw me. She played peek-a-boo around the corner of the kitchen cabinet (it was so cute!). Then Megan informed me that Iris had not had a nap all day and that she would probably knock out early. But as soon as Meg began to leave Iris began to cry. The last time Iris had not had a nap all day, we walked the entire time Meg was gone. I was so afraid. So, Meg finally hopped into her car and left me with the crying child. Within fifteen minutes she was out like a light. So I watched some silly movie on TV. Then I realized it was almost time to leave and Iris was still sleeping. I was afraid to wake her. I tiptoed around her and got all of her things together. Then there was the dilemma of the car seat. How was I to get her in it with out waking her? NO PROBLEM! I put her in the car seat and then everything went out to the car. Never even blinked open those beautiful blue eyes. Off we went to meet with friends and talk about God. Iris likes the God talk. She is peaceful, easy feeling when there is God about. When we got there, poof like magic she woke. She wakes up so softly it is hard to tell she is awake. Then she was soo good while all the adults were adults. There were two wanna be moms there who totally entertained her the whole time (much to my relief!), so she was tickled pink. She faked them out so bad. She pretended like she wasn't walking yet so they would carry her everywhere! She is walking like crazy. What a ham! Then the coolest thing ever happened...as I began to load up the Iris pack of stuff, I asked one of the wanna be moms to watch her a moment longer. As I began to walk out the door, Iris began to cry...for me. She was upset that I was leaving her! She doesn't like me at all and here she was asking for me! I couldn't believe it! Iris likes me!! She likes the big bad evil babysitter who makes mom go away! I was so overwhelmed! So all three of us, myself, Iris and the wanna be, went to the car together. Hurray! Iris likes me! Who would ever guess?

No comments: