Tuesday, September 28, 2004

The rocket racer's all tuckered out
Superman's in pajamas on the couch
Goodnight moon, we'll find the mouse
And I love you

Holy cannoli, I have a ten year old. Overnight just like that, I inherited a ten year old. This makes my parents temporary grand parents. She is staying with me while her mom is in Savannah. Then I will head down to Savannah on Thursday and she will go to her Dad’s place. She talks a whole lot. She is simple though and pure. I took her with me last night to my meeting and I was trying to explain to her what she might hear there and she finished my sentence. I said that the people who were there might not be very……and she says “Christ like?” Yeah, I say, Christ like. I told her it is spiritual kindergarten and that some people are just getting it or don’t get it at all, so to be prepared. She did great and listened well. I think Marilla is right, get ‘em old enough where they can be of use and young enough to be taught. The ten year old is so pure and innocent it just amazes me. She is honest and hopeful without any cause. She is kind, except to her little brother (me too when I was ten) and even then she is not bad, just a big sister. She has art class today and I am supposed to take her this afternoon. Then we are baby-sitting Iris this evening. I think a movie and pizza are going to be good. I hope that Iris will be a happy baby tonight. I hope the ten year old will be a happy ten year old tonight. Otherwise, I will have my hands full. I also have started running the nursery for the church that is behind my apartment on Sundays. There are about five or six kids, myself and another nursery worker. It is fun and is an extra $50 bucks a week. I figure it will pay for bills and Christmas. I feel like all of the sudden I turned twelve and Mom and Dad let me baby-sit. People came out of the woodwork asking me to sit. I was the Avondale baby-sitter. Now, I am the Clarkesville baby-sitter. Children, children everywhere! Thank goodness they all get to go home.

No comments: