Thursday, September 16, 2004

Here comes the rain again,
Falling on my head like a memory

Icky, icky. I think I may be ill. I have a headache and facial pressure and sneezed and sneezed and sneezed yesterday morning until I blew my nose raw and then was able to breathe. Unfortunately, the pain is still present. Mom says it might be a sinus infection. Dad says it’s the ragweed. Oh my, bring on the rain. Ivan is just in time in my world. I feel bad for those who lose their lives and homes, but it won’t bother me a bit to lose the ragweed. I took a Claritin to help ease the sinuses and a naproxen for pain. My eyes still hurt, but not as bad. The rain began this morning as I was leaving for work and that and a long nap this afternoon will be a cure-all. My plants are outside on the deck “just a lovin’” the rain. The leaf turning season will be really long this year because of all the rain we are getting. I suspect the leaf lookers will be here soon. This all feels so familiar: the rain, the illness, the coziness of a nap. The only thing that is different is that now I don’t have to deal with mold that multiplied in my old apartment when rains came. Everything in my home is cozy and dry and if I need effects of the rain, I can open a window and listen.

No comments: