Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Two days past eighteen,
He was waitin’ for the bus in his army green,
Sat down in a booth, in a café there…

Oh my little Iris went to Grandma’s arms last night. There was no crying or crawling at my house. Instead I went to go and play with a friend’s hair so that I would know what to do with it come time for the big event. The big even is that I am going on a company junket for a weekend and it includes an evening where we will all have on black and heels and in the nicest array of accessories. One of the problems is that this girl, whose hair I worked with last night, is very difficult. It is coarse and straight. She didn’t know what to do with it and asked for help. I think I am going to pull it back like Anne’s and add curls. It is more malleable than she made it out to be and won’t be too much of a problem. I had three braids into a knot and then curled out the bottom last night. It was very beautiful, if I do say so myself. From there I went to the movie store for movies and got a calzone from the local pizzeria. I rented Jersey Girl, which was surprisingly good. I had no idea that it was a “Jay and Silent Bob” movie, who are my favorite. Unfortunate for Jay, he was caught on a heroin possession out in California and ended up in a rehab only to reuse. Silent Bob ended up getting married and having a kid and thus, Jersey Girl. It was pretty decent. I was really pleased with the night seeing as I went to bed on time and was able to get up and get to work without feeling totally exhausted. I was that way on Monday and it just makes the day really long. Yesterday was still tugging at me which is why I decided to stay home. Something smoothed out though. I still have a little edge and may stay home again tonight to try it again to see if I am completely alleviated of sleep deprivation.

Oh! BTW, Happy first day of Autumn!

No comments: