Monday, September 20, 2004

I just love New York in the fall……
If I could send you a gift, I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils…


Fall is here. I woke up this morning to find that I had cranked the ac down a bit too much for such a cool day. It was flat out cold this morning. The bank sign on the way to work said 55 and I don’t doubt it in the least. I don’t do 55. I normally would have a blanket or a jacket or something to compensate for the cool weather and nothing. I had no idea that it would be such a bright cool fall day. Autumn is tomorrow. I was smart enough to have a denim overshirt. The woman that I see walking every morning had on a turtle neck. Is it too early for turtle necks? I love turtlenecks and could probably wear them year round given the opportunity. I am so grateful for fall. This weekend I will have to turn my wardrobe over so that I can pull out all the right clothes. I love doing that. It is like shopping without the expense. School is so in too. August never reminds me of school. September and the feel of fall reminds me of school. The trees have not begun to turn, but they will soon and the leaf lookers will be everywhere and desperately in the way. It makes me think of being a patrol on the kindergarten hall and the cool breeze in the hallway up to the third grade hall and library. I think of the walks down towards the uncovered but empty pool for football games in the park. I think of studying without a break until Thanksgiving. I think of Halloween and being able to walk with my friends for the first time and having Hank jump out of the bushes at Emily and me on our way dressed up like gypsies. I think of band parties and football weekends at Georgia Tech while endlessly studying for midterms. I think of Black Cat and the day after day after day of playing silly games and practical jokes and hoping that I passed that last test or got at least a B on that most recent paper that took me hours upon hours to write. Fall is such a memorable time.

No comments: