Monday, July 05, 2004

A quick glance
A big chance
My heart beat like a drum
I saw you
And I knew
Chances just don't come
Round again
Not like this


Wow, what a weekend. Things like fireworks are the complete opposite of the premise behind diamonds. I have come to find that people from Avondale are more like fireworks than diamonds. I was so excited to see all the folks from Avondale. Who would guess that they would be just as excited to see me? I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, but I missed them all so much and I was grateful to be able to see them, that all my expectations were eliminated. Their smiles, hugs and kisses made me realize how much Avondale is home. In leaving it all behind made me realize how quickly it is all gone. I wish I could get it back some days. I think that is one of the problems that I have always had that has not been a problem for my brother: he is really good at maintaining relationships and I can't keep up to save my life. Sometimes, if I am not paying attention, it makes me unbearable and morose. Other times I can revel in the memory and bring forth the love within that memory and it becomes a comfort. Hopefully, the laughter and love of last night will be something that I will have the capability to bring forth in times of need.

No comments: