Friday, July 02, 2004

Larger than life is your fiction
In a universe made up of one


Sometimes I forget that I am in my own movie and I am the star. My perspective gets all shot out by my emotions. Things stretch and warp out. I ended up having a decent little birthday yesterday. People called me all day long. I was sung to by the mariachi band at the Mexican restaurant and got fried ice cream. I was surrounded by friends. It was nice. I finally figured out what made me sad though (and I don’t think I will blog when I am sad again!). I missed my Mom and Dad. They are in New Orleans and normally they are an active part of the day and they weren’t here. Who would guess that my sadness would be so simple? I made plans for tonight and am rev-ed up for the third and fourth. I have Monday off and will be able to work hard on my home and recoup. I am tickled. Emotions are hard things. Well, maybe not to people who have been dealing with them forever, but I didn’t really start dealing with them until about four years ago. Oh, that is going on too. On the tenth I will have four years. Who would imagine that I would not drink and not smoke? Gosh, it was hard not to smoke yesterday. My girlfriend left a pack of cigarettes in my car. I didn’t realize they were there until they called my name and said “SMOKE ME.” Ugh. I loved smoking. I realize that it was bad for me; however, anyone who knows what it means to be a smoker knows what I am talking about otherwise folks just don’t know. I had a smoker from work remove them from my car. I figured just as long as I didn’t touch them, I would have a better opportunity at not smoking them. Things went well, I didn’t smoke. There was a time when I felt the same way about drinking. Now it is not even a glimpse of my life. That is a little miracle. People say that babies are miracles, and maybe they are, but I realize me not having and obsession and compulsion to drink is also a miracle. I thought I would be drunk forever or at least until I was dead. I am glad that is not a truth today. Oh, I had a good day after all yesterday. Thank goodness.

No comments: