Wednesday, July 21, 2004

. . . and many moooorrreeee!!!!
 
Yesterday was nice.  My body was still in “I can’t believe we are running mode,” which made it a rather tiresome day.  I was glad to be able to participate in a celebration for one of my girlfriend’s birthday party.  She is 40.  It was supposed to be a surprise, but she got there early and surprised us.  She was still astounded.  She has never had a birthday party before last night.  Can you imagine going through your life with out a birthday party?  I loved my birthday parties.  Anyway, she had a great time with lots of gifts, a cool cake and friends galore.  It was nice to see her smile and I took lots of pictures.  I have known her for a while and she is one of my friends who each time I get to spend time with her she expresses something new about herself.  It’s kinda cool.  I like friends who continue to grow and change.  She is one of those people.  I have known her for only about four years, but we have an unshakable bond.  No matter what comes into our lives or goes out of our lives, no matter if we get separated for a while or if we just drift apart, we always seem to come back to each other: girlfriends in the end.  It is nice having women in my life like that.  The party was tiresome though.  I ended up in bed about nine forty-five.  It scares me when I am that tired, but between the party and running, I was exhausted.  Thank goodness for a comfy bed with lots of teddy bears to make my sleep easy.  
  

No comments: