Monday, July 12, 2004

I can't remember anything to this very day
'Cept the look, the look...
Oh, you know where, now I can't see, I just stare...
I, I'm still alive


Wow, What a weekend!! I had no idea it would go by so quickly! There was work, movies, friends and fun! It was a really long and hard weekend for which I will probably not truly feel the effects of until mid-Wednesday. I saw “The Notebook” on Friday night and it made me cry!! I mean boohoo-’ed! It is the date movie for married couples everywhere. Saturday….oh Saturday….Working six days is not my cup of tea however, eight hours of overtime doesn’t bother me in the least! We had a “retreat” on Saturday for some specifics at work. It was nice, but long. Being a peon, I couldn’t find any reason for me to be there. It seemed more management oriented. I think the reasons the peons were there was to make us feel important even though we aren’t. I was grateful once it was all said and done so I could go to the coffee shop and do nothing. After about an hour there I went home to freshen up and off to Alice’s to meet for dinner with several friends. Saturday was my fourth anniversary so I invited an intimate few to eat dinner before picking up a chip. It was nice. I really enjoyed myself. Sunday, I tried my best not to move. I was fearful that if I didn’t take my rest while I had the chance that I would end up in crazy world by Monday morning. I have to be prepared for work otherwise I am cranky and sarcastic and just misplaced mentally. My attitude goes right to the gutter if I am not well rested. So I stuck close to home. I did go out twice: once to return movies and get groceries; once to go meet with friends and talk about God for the night. I watched “Monster” Sunday morning. Ugh. What a story. Some stories are best left unsaid. That was one of them. Too much, way too much. Although I agree as to why Charlise won the Oscar. She definitely deserved it. She actually deserved it years ago for Devil’s Advocate, but the movie as a whole was only so-so even though her performance was tremendous. I watched Cold Mountain again too. I really like that movie. I think it is interesting that it is a movie about love in the south during the Civil War and not a single person in the cast was remotely southern. The soldiers for the extras in the battle scenes were all Romanian! (I watched the special effects too.) I also finished stripping my little night stand!! Hurray!! Finally, I didn’t think that I would ever be able to get those round detailed legs completely clean. I have been told to wait for 48 hours before I re-stain it. I will probably stain it next weekend. That should be a good 48 hours. Oh, I have to do laundry. I should say that I still have to do laundry: probably will be this evening’s task. Ho hum….I am glad that I made it to Monday.

No comments: