Tuesday, July 13, 2004

God is great, God is good,
Let us thank Him for our food,
By His hands, we are fed,
Give us Lord our Daily Bread
Amen


Sometimes I forget the mystery and the power of God. (Bear with me on this one) One of the things that I have practiced and practiced over and over is to lean and trust in God. This is not something that comes to me naturally. Naturally I want to force a situation. I want to do things the way I want to do them. I will panic and worry. I will obsess to a point of insanity if given a chance over any number of things: i.e. finances, men, plans made with friends, friends themselves, people, family . . .
My toughest thing to turn over to God is my money. Now, my head says: God doesn’t need or use money so I will just manage the money. I wish I could manage money. When I manage money, I go out all the time, can’t pay my bills for anything, but can always afford my new item. Over time, God has placed certain people in my life who have first, been people who I can listen to and second taught me how to maintain a level of discipline with in myself that has translated to my finances. The promised result reins: everything gets taken care of when I follow the guidelines given. In the last month there have been some tumultuous emotional waves in my life. Whenever I go emotionally nuts, I end up broke. It is inevitable that my discipline goes right out the window when I go nuts. I wasn’t sure what to do about being emotionally nuts and broke this time around. I was tired of trying to fix and save and squeeze out each penny. I finally decided that it was none of my business as to what to do and that I would have to 86 some luxuries for a month in order to get back on track. This is something I have done in the past and am totally capable of doing it again. I just worked out my figures to guestimate my upcoming paycheck to find out what I would cut this week. The thing is there was no way of planning on going emotionally nuts and coinciding with crazy overtime. So my financial difficulties aren’t so difficult! I couldn’t have planned for that if I had wanted. It resolved two things: first, me being nuts, second, me being broke. Work has occupied me so much in the past week that my emotional stability seems to be stabilizing its self. Work is also stabilizing my budget!! God is good, really good.

No comments: