Friday, July 23, 2004

Hoo-ya, Master Chief!!
 

Hurray for dave fm!!!!!  It is my generation music.  I can’t believe that I have heard both Peter Gabriel and Cold Play on the same station!!  I typically have every station programmed into my radio because depending on the mood I am in shifts my radio station.  If I am angry: 99X; if I am travelin’: Z93; if I am feeling awfully good or need inspiration: 104.7 the fish; if I am just bee-bopping around town: Star 94.  Not hard.  On occasion there is the ride to work or the shut down for the evening station: NPR.  Or the occasional need to here the oldies, which is a station out of Athens.  Generally speaking it takes a cross combo through out the day to keep up with me.  Then, Z93 turned on me.  It is no longer “Classical Rock”.  It is now “Dave FM.”  I don’t know who Dave is, but I like his music.  I haven’t changed my radio since I heard it.  That is hard to do with me.  No need to because it is just my kinda music.  Carter would like this station: it plays both Counting Crows and John Mayer on a regular mixed basis along with U2 and the REM.  Who would guess?  No DJ’s either.  Nice.  (At least no DJ’s yet!)  Hopefully it will stay that way.  I am so tired of hearing people making an ass out of themselves or responding to the asses that it makes it hard to stay on a station.  The battle, between 99x trying to be the biggest and the baddest on the block and the Fish trying to be the cleanest and the “most” family oriented, is about to make me puke.  I am even willing to sit through the commercials because I recognize that I don’t want to miss the music.  Oh, finally a music station. 

No comments: