Tuesday, July 20, 2004

And so she woke up
Woke up from where she was
Lying still
Said I gotta do something
 
 
Whoops, I missed yesterday.  My boss is on vacation and that means that she loads me down with work.  I get fearful when she gives me so much at one time and I panic into crazy working.  I worked my butt off yesterday.  It will probably result into having not enough to do by the end of the work week, but I can not stand to be so piled upon.  I have had some good team help though.  The Synagis crew has run into a standstill seeing as the “season” hasn’t started yet and probably won’t go full steam until the third week of August.  They have been folder making and bag making like mad for me.  It is one thing down on the list of things to prepare.  When my boss rejoins the human race after vacation she will hit the ground running.  By this I mean that she immediately goes on a sales rampage to all different offices, which inevitably will run me out of supplies.  Thanks to the Synagis crew I may make it without a fault until at least September. 
 
I got new running shoes on Saturday.  My mom and I went to her local sports store.  I walked in, looked at the shoes, pulled one, tried it on and it fit perfectly.  I have never done that before, just bought the first shoe I tried.  Usually it is a headache and I have to go to more than one store.  Not this time.  The shoes were a b’day gift from the folks.  I think that having the first pair I tried on be the shoe I want was a better gift than the shoes!  New Balance shoes are fairly consistent.  They are the ones I ran in when I was in high school.  They fit so well.  I have run both yesterday and today.  Yesterday was hard.  I have to get up early to run.  I find that morning is the best time to run for me and it means that I have to set the alarm for before six.  That is really early for me.  The first day is the worst because I am exhausted all day due to being up earlier than usual.  Today was not nearly as bad and more acceptable to my body.  I am only running a mile right now, but that is all my weakened, no previous running shoes body can handle so far.  I hope to work back up to two miles again.  I was running two miles but my feet and knees gave out due to the bad shoes.  My heart gave up too because of the emotional crap that I went through.  My heart is returning and my determination to be a healthy individual is also returning.  I am glad.  It makes me feel better to run.  I have more energy.  I am not so food concentrated and I am fully awake and alert by the time I get to work.  I don’t know that I will be Forrest Gump anytime soon or even qualify to be a Graybeal, but I am definitely a Green.  Hopefully, I will be able to run the adult run at the Labor Day race this year.  It would be the first time in my life!  Who would guess that I would be an adult at 28? 

No comments: