Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Our pride is based on a very simple premise, summed up in a declaration made over two hundred years ago: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”; the true genius of America, a faith in the simple dreams of its people, the insistence on small miracles. 

Mom told me that I just had to read his speech from last night.  I was busy babysitting so I didn’t get to spy the convention last night.  So I read today.  I am convinced: I would vote this man for President faster than I would for John Kerry.  He is awesome.  In his speech, he not only praised the presidential candidate, he praised the vice-presidential candidate, he crossed party lines to encourage a bi-partisan state, presented platform beliefs and abilities and most importantly he continually highlighted his constituents with knowledge of their concerns specifically addressed and uplifted for both his state and the nation to hear.  Wow.  It is nice to have a man who recognizing his privilege and responsibility in addressing the nation from the confines of the perception of the democratic convention.  The only thing that I didn’t appreciate in relation to his speech was that when his staff flunkies typed it out for his web page, they did so as though he were speaking with no regard for the grammatical errors all over it (i.e. fragmented sentences, dangling participles and the like).  Graybeal would go nuts.  I had to correct it for my blog quote. There are probably some other flaws to him, however I find it interesting that no one will run against him.  That is what some call political power: gear shifting power.    

No comments: