Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Daisies are the friendliest flowers. 

Flowers… that was the answer to my trivia question several entries back.  Flowers increase the creativity of employees in the work place.  They are better problem solvers with more original solutions.  They are the employees, not the flowers. 

I love my friends.  Strangely enough there are plenty of them.  Megan and Iris and I went to Big Daddy’s on Sunday night.  It has been forever since we have been out and about.  It was great fun.  She had sushi and I had an uncooked pizza.  Oh, the bad food of Helen just amazes me.  Fortunately, the good stuff is really good at Big Daddy’s but the cheap stuff is really cheap.  Megan is so good at being a mom.  She likes it too, which is really important.  People who don’t like being parents end up in the media: scary.  She likes it and it is cool to see all of her natural instincts shine through.  Iris had fun clapping her hands (this is a great development for an 8 month old) and sucking on ginger.  Turns out that she likes ginger?  I have never had ginger before so I tasted a bit of it and it is good, but pretty intense for a little one.  You could tell when she went from sucking on it to breaking into it.  There was a tremendous face from the tang that was released on her tongue.  Very funny.  I have had quite a good time watching her grow up.  She is a neat kid.  She has also started crawling, which means good-bye baby fat and she has lots of baby fat.  My understanding is that most breast fed children are little chunks.  She will be everywhere here soon.  She is a great baby.  The only time she gets loud is when there are hunger or diaper problems: the basics.  Megan has been one of my bestest friends for the past four years.  She can make me sane or insane in an instant.  When we lived together we used to fight like the gods used to fight over the Olympians.  Now we get along like two peas in a pod.  We are so identical in our actions.  Things differ slightly because she is a mom now and I don’t have those type issues dealt yet (i.e. hormones, men or babies!).  Mostly on Sunday I was very insane and she made everything all better.  She took me out on the boat at Lake Burton and we went swimming and Iris had her first lake swim.  It was great fun.  Then we went to Big Daddy’s later on.  She makes me a better person.  Isn’t that what friends are for? 

No comments: