Tuesday, February 10, 2004

the winter here's cold, and bitter
it's chilled us to the bone


So it is predicting snow again. I don't believe in snow anymore. I am restless and discontented due to the task of the day: mass mailing. The outside weather has not been the release that it typically can be when I walk outside for a break. It has been rather bleak and uninspiring. I have sucessfully mailed about 450 of the 963 mailers today. That is pretty good considering that I have to merge, label, stuff and glue all on my own. Thank goodness for the help of a co-worker though. She swooped in and glued a good bit so that I wouldn't get discouraged.

I went to see my friends in the hospital with the hairstylist girlfriend last night. They looked so much better by the time she got done with them. You could tell that they felt better too. One got the green light to go home and begin out patient therapy come Monday and the other got a feeding tube, which is not a good sign. They were relieved for the pampering though. I went home afterwards and built a lovely fire and watched a weirdo movie. I didn't get to see both of the wierdo movies I rented, but that is okay. I am going to turn them in because their time is up, so I don't know if I will re-rent the unwatched wierdo movie. It is nominated for best feature documentary (the whole premise behind renting it in the first place), but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to watch it. I hope that I will be able to get Lost in Translation. It seems rather interesting. Who would ever guess that Bill Murray would be nominated for an Oscar? There are only two copies in my movie store though. There is not a crowd for it apparently (either that or the manager doesn't know their stuff!). I am really displeased with the confusion in my movie store. There is not enough room for the movies to move from the newly released section to the regular section so everything is mushed together and it is a stroke of luck if you go in with an objective and come out with it achieved. The other bad thing is that they are still in the transition mode from DVD and VHS which is bothersome to the eyes. You think that there is a movie in and no it is in VHS only. The people who work there are really nice though. They are pretty decent at reviewing too and we have long conversations. There are not very many people who can carry on descent movie conversations.

Oh well, time for fires and new movies. I am so tired. I did stay up to finish the movie last night and today I paid dearly for it. I will zonk out at pumkin time tonight, no questions asked.

No comments: