Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Hey kid, wanna Hershey bar?

So I have found this delightful new channel to listen to that typically prevents me from singing in the office. Well, sometimes it prevents me from singing in the office. I think I am one of the few who sing to orchestral music (excluding the members of my immediate family). I do believe that the singing “gene” is an inherited one. This channel is dedicated to only movie music. Did I mention that I love the internet? And everything that is imaginably associated with music and movies that has no lyrics (duh, soundtracks) is played on this channel. It is awesome. I have to be kind of careful though because the music has a tendency to change drastically. It will go from Jaws (which is half inaudible) to Sing in the Rain (which is ta-da!!!!!). I had to sing with Singing In the Rain. It was strange to know the lyrics but with no one singing but me.

This morning I felt kind of stupid. Music really moves me, sometimes physically. Mostly, because of the Oscars, there have been a lot of up to date movies lately: i.e. Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings, etc. And sometimes I find myself merging and mailing faster when I hear things like the Matrix going on in the back ground (or Gone in Sixty Seconds, ha! That was funny). However this morn, they began meshing in more regulars and I found myself with my hands in the air getting ready to scream: “B-52 Bomber, Cadillac of skies!! HAHAHA…he waved at me did you see that?...AHHHHH….amor, amore, amoresette, amorese…..” The thing that was so funny was that there was someone standing behind me when I shot my hands up in the air. I didn’t have the ability to explain to her what I was doing. I laughed!

No comments: