Monday, February 23, 2004

Things that make you say hmmm……..

So I rented this movie a last week that I was not willing to admit that I actually rented it. It was appeared to be a stupid teenage, “teeny-bop,” movie and I was a little embarrassed by it. The real reason I was so embarrassed was that I couldn’t identify the people who were in it and I felt out of the loop. The name of the movie was called “The GRIND” and it was a skater flick. The acting was atrocious. The skating was really good. The funnies were funny and the crazy guy in it was really good at being crazy. He was so good at being crazy that I felt like he probably was like that in real life and they threw it into the film. Well, it turns out that I was at my girlfriends house last night doing a load of laundry and Smallville comes on, which I have never seen before last night. Tada!! There are the guys in the movie. The dork in the movie is the telekinetic guy on the TV and the skater guy who gets sponsored and gets the girls is CLARK KENT!! Yeah and the crazy guy is the guy who hosts Jack-Ass. The movie was so-so, kind of like the TV show. I feel so much better knowing who these people are now. I am no longer completely out of the loop. Although, I am afraid that I might never watch Smallville again.

The other shows we watched were: Cold Case (augh……..bad) and the Making of the Passion of the Christ. CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THE PASSION!!!! Is coming out on Wednesday and may have to skip meeting with friends to talk about God in order to go see this flick. It is playing at THE mall of Georgia. (I love the name: as if there are no other malls in the state!!! Great marketing.) There are all kinds of cool things to the movie (i.e. the actor playing Christ, his initials are JC and he is really 33 year’s old! And he was stuck by lighting while getting down from the cross and going to sit down AND he didn’t even realize he’d been hit!) Sometimes just the hype can make a movie good.

No comments: