Friday, February 20, 2004

Let’s here is for the girls!!!

I love my girlfriends. Sometimes there is just nothing like pal-ling around with the girls. Yesterday, after work I wanted to stay in Habersham County so as to not waste gas before going to the Presbyterian Church at 8 pm, so I called my girlfriend who has a house in Demorest. What a good idea that is. We talked and walked and ran the dogs. It was me, she and her roommate who is another girlfriend of mine. She has two dogs: a shepherd and a pregnant lab. The lab is pregnant, pregnant. It was such a nice trek. She lives in a nice neighborhood which winds in and out of the Soque River. All of the hills are like the Wiltshire Hill in Avondale, but it didn’t feel so bad. The trees were playing games with the sunlight. I think that the sudden burst of spring yesterday confused everyone. The dogs were so excited to be out and about. Even the dogs were both girls! My girlfriend makes the best sweet tea. It is the sweet tea that I grew up with, not the half sugar/half splenda/ half equal tea that my mom makes now. It was real tea. I like going to her house sometimes just for the tea. I try hard to make my mama’s sweet tea, but it never comes out right. My girlfriend’s tea is like my mama’s. I guess it has some of that TLC in it. TLC makes the world go ‘round. On the way to the church I was realizing how happy I was. That no matter how scary it gets financially, emotionally or mentally, it is never as bad as it was when I lived in Atlanta. And I think that I could say that I am very happy with my life. From there we went to the church and ate chocolate chip cookies and talked about God. Then we went to the Mexican restaurant for steak quesadillas. There are some days that no amount of having a boyfriend can top hanging with the girls.

No comments: