Wednesday, April 12, 2006

We thank thee then, O father, for all things bright & good. . .

I am to the point in John where Mary presses upon Jesus to do his first miracle and he turns water into wine. It makes me laugh because there is a book called Lamb, gopel according to Biff, Christ's childhood pal. It is totally sacriligious. Some might even go as far as blasephemy. But it sure is funny. He uses this scene in his book, but instead of Christ only changing the water into wine, he also gets drunk. There is a funny scene about a camel that tickles my tummy. It is a book like rosencrantz and gildenstern perspectives on Hamlet. I love the role he gives Mary Magdalene in the book too. Funny but not true.

I do like the true stuff too because it tells me that Christ had an encouraging Mom too. Come on, I know you have potential, she says. You can do it, put a little power to it, she says. Then for no apparent reason, we hit our thirtieth year and poof. We emerge. Kinda wish my potential was in miracles and healing, but that's okay, I like my social eptitude and event planning skills.

No comments: