Thursday, April 20, 2006

Poster Day and a touch of grace

Today is poster day. I have a huge concert to prep for and the second round of information is posters. It is the hardest part of my job because it means that I have to go door to door and drop them off to every business in seven to ten cities in just one county. Unfortunately, our area doesn't operate off of just one county. No one I know stays in just one city (that is unless they were born and raised here and then they find that going from one city to the next even if the butt up against each other is too far to go...it is an odd mentality in contrast to Atlanta when you are never really sure what city you are in for any reason!) or one county. No one county seems to have everything you need so there is about a three to four county radius that extends out in order to get all the chores and shopping done. Although within the next ten years, I suspect this county will be self-sufficient.

The door to door thing is a throw back to when I used to drink and go to work at the same time. Being a door to door salesman, drinking is an easy thing to do because you just drink listerine and life is good and no one knows you are lit. But it makes me flip out a little emotionally. Not like pms does, but there are some definite butterflies in the stomach. Pms makes me PSYCHO. Not normal Rachel psycho, really bolt the door psycho. Which is why I stay in doors on those days with no one close by!

The good thing about poster day is that I get to wear sneakers and jeans with my t-shirt for the concert series. I am supposed to have a lady come for community service that is going to help me, but she isn't here yet which makes me believe that she is not coming. Oh well. I was hoping for help, but I guess I am out of luck. The other good thing is that all of the community people who critisize the city for not doing anything get to see me working to make the city better and mostly stop whining for about two seconds. Although the mentality regarding that is changing too. It is lessened in the past three months. It was worse when I first started. I guess that means that I am doing my job. Imagine that. Me being employable. That is not a Rae thing incase you are curious. Five and a half years ago I was a drinking on the job--unemployable person. Today, people want to employ me. Not me, just grace.

Speaking of grace: The Book of John is on his second sign. . .he is so etherial. Nothing about his gospel is anything like the others. He is the hoity-toity of the disciples. Some people say that he is the beloved disciple, but by the way he writes, it makes me think that he gave himself that title. My guess is that there will be seven signs to go with seven fires to go with seven goblets to go with seven keys to go with. . . yeah, I think Christ was out there going door to door and getting the word out and numbered signs were something that John is making up. Might be wrong though. Might be making folks mad by saying so too. Just my thoughts, that is all. I do like the fact that the centurian said I need help. Christ said, help is given and without question, the centurian said OKAY!!! (there is a happy dance in that okay)and ran off to see his son healed. That was a cool miracle.

No comments: