Tuesday, April 11, 2006

. . . put de lime in the coconut and drink it all up . . .

There is nothing like a new store to make me spend money. On principal I hate that we have a new store because we don't really have a new store we have a store that upgraded for more land and a bigger floor base, but instead of expanding right where they were, they left their building standing empty (which is a good size building) and have moved across the street. Several things will happen as a result of them upgrading: bets are on that a local wine shop and organic produce store will fail, at least one out of the four pharmacies will fail, a florist will bite it, there will be more accidents than ever at the already difficult intersection they built at and there is an empty building in the middle of the city. There is nothing like it though. I went in there because I have no where else to shop for french vanilla fat free yogurt and since there was nothing in the old building I couldn't go there. I could give up french vanilla fat free yogurt, but it is one of the few healthy things I eat and I have started asking God to give me a desire to eat healthy today. Normally, when I go into that store, I spend right at fifty bucks, plus or minus a few bucks depending on specialties I might need (like band-aids or something) that I don't always get.

I SPENT $73.69.

Am I haveing friends over for dinner?

No.

Am I stark raving mad?

Why yes, yes I am.

There were all kinds of cool things in there that I have never seen in the small empty building. There were protien drinks that were chocolate mocha omigosh. There were pecan and cranberry granolas in the cereal section (which by the way goes great with bananas and french vanilla fat free yogurt for breakfast). There were real cheeses and real pastas and boiled shrimps and a greeting card aisle to avail myself to when I have half a day and can stand in front of seeking the perfect birthday card. They seduced me with their cheap books and legal addictive stimulants. And I will continue to go back over and over sometimes twice or three times in a week for noother reasons. I am so torn!

All in all, the reality of the situation is no matter how torn I am, I have no choice because I have no other grocery store to shop. What am I going to do? Start a vegetable garden on the back porch of my city apartment? Yeah, hell will freeze first.

No comments: