Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I feel like I missed this weekend. It went very quickly and was extended but my last day was so empty that well, I feel thrown off.

Let's see: Friday I sat Iris. She was snotty and fever ridden and not happy. We stayed in most of the time. She started to feel a little better about six o'clock, so we went out and sat in the sandbox for a while until the fussies kicked in again. She was out by quarter of nine and normally doesn't go to bed until about nine thirty. That is a lot of time for an eighteen month old. She was deliriously tired by the time she gave up and went to sleep.

Then Saturday, I slept in until . . .ten? I watched West Wing and Bull Durham. I got on a baseball kick in honor of the season opening up. I have seen 61*, The Natural and Bull Durham in the past couple of months. I think I am out of it now and am back into a cycle of regular movies now. I tagged up with my friend Sherry and worked off some gifts in the flower shop in the afternoon. I was able to get a plant and a fancy planter for Angie. She was holding a bbq on Sunday and it was Memorial Day/Birthday/Going away party. Crazy. Saturday night I went and hung out with what felt like a gozillion people. It was great fun.

Sunday, I slept in a little. I went to breakfast with John and his son, David, who has been named as a sophomore to "Who's Who" for athletics and academics. He also recieved some nomination for a engineering program out in California for the highest grade in his engineering course. Georgia Tech here he comes!! Then from there I went rode with a girlfriend out to Angie's extravaganzza. It was great fun. I was exhausted by the time it was over. I went to eat dinner (well I didn't eat, but he did) with John because he had to work while I was at the picnic.

Then Monday, I SLEPT IN...ten again, but didn't get up until like eleven thirty. I am almost done with my Harry Potter book. I should be done by the end of the week. At some point I got up only to dedicate more time to West Wing. John had to work all day, so instead I hung out with Megan. She took me to get my toes done and then we got coffee. That was unfortunate, because I couldn't go back to sleep on time Monday night, but I read a lot in my book.

Today is Tuesday, but my head is so confused that it can't distinguish what is going on. I am supposed to sit for Iris again today, but I just sat for her on Friday so I am even more confused. (I was subbing for all the other babysitters so they could attend graduation with the rest of the county!) There was no traffic this morning. I mean the amount of cars that were on the road were cut by 2/3rds. There was just no one. It was a beautiful morning too. Cool with a smell of mountains. I don't know how else to explain that other than I used to smell that in Crestridge and this morning I could feel and smell it here. It is just fresh mountain air.

1 comment:

Dr. G. said...

Thanks for the update!
Love you,
Mom