Thursday, May 19, 2005

It's from Jerry McGuire.

Meg was so sick last night. I was supposed to babysit Iris last night because I swapped shifts with Robyn to go see Dad's concert. Meg called and said that Iris was at Sue's because she was sick and needed a break before going to work, but to stop by to pick up a bag and a car seat before going to get Iris. (Yes Iris has won the baby of the week award again in case your wondering) So I went to Meg's house to find it a total disaster. I asked her how long she'd been sick (I saw her on Sunday and she was fine). She said since Monday night. I asked her why she was going to work and she said because she had to go to work. She was so out of it that she gave me a bag with diapers, wipes and a winter outfit. She put the car seat in the car without me noticing and said she was off to work. I went down the road to get Iris from Sue's house. Sue and Iris were out walking the dog and (here is where the baby of the week award was won) Iris looked up at me, smiled and said,"Rae-rae!" Imagine that! She knew who I was and called me by name! I started to put her in the hot winter outfit to take off the dirt covered sun dress she had on and decided instead to put a short sleeve shirt on her that Sue had. From there Iris and I went to the Dollar Store for a summer outfit, a no spill sippy cup, juice, and snackies! Oh man did that make things better. From there we went to the flower shop and helped Sherry close the shop. By the time we were done, Meg had called twice. She had been sent home from work she was so sick. When I called her back she asked to be taken to the grocery store to get some sick people food. I said sure. So I went and picked Meg up and off to the Ingles we went. Sick person shopping is hysterical. She got a chocolate muffin, a doughnut, Campbells chicken noodle soup, juice, gingerale and oyster crackers. There was almost no rhyme or reason to her shopping. We went round and round that store looking for stuff. It was crazy. When I finally dropped she and Iris off, I was dizzy. Iris said, "Bye-bye Rae-rae!" (Extra points to the baby award next week).

No comments: