Thursday, May 05, 2005

Yesterday I came home and laid my things down on my dining table and stared. I stared hard trying to figure out what it was I was looking for. I couldn't remember what it was that I was trying to find. I looked around my apartment. Went into my kitchen and looked around. I couldn't figure out what it was that I wanted to do that was missing. Then it hit me, something I miss is a land line. Strangly enough I find myself coming home to expect something, ready to do something and then I realize, I am looking for my phone to check my messages. Having a cell phone on me all the time, people can reach me with out problem. For example, when I get home today there will be no message telling me that I have an interview tomorrow with Fieldale. Instead I recieved the call right here at work. (Yeah, snuck that in there didn't I?) That small joy of knowing that someone called me or having 20 messages is gone. Eliminated by technology. I can't decide if this is a good thing or not. I still find myself looking for my cigarettes sometimes too and this is a good thing that they aren't there. So is it a good thing that my messages are gone? I don't know how to feel about this. I just know that I feel stupid spending time looking for things that aren't there.

No comments: