Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Went to Dad's concert last night. Mom and Carter were there and so were my Uncle Carter and Aunt Cathy and her daughter Shelley. I haven't spent that much family time with Uncle Carter and Aunt Cathy since they got married so I still feel wierd about the whole new aunt thing. She fits right in with our family. Her daughters do too. But it is still a new relationship. She invited John and I to the wedding on Memorial Day weekend (which totally scored points with me). Don't know if I am going to go, but the invite was nice just the same. The choruses sang well. I think the guy sitting next to me thought I was bonkers because I knew most of the pieces (except for the ones that were in another language...almost though, I just make up my own words to those). I thought I would tell him that I was Dr. G's daughter, but then I had more fun letting him think I was crazy. Carter knew all the words too. I couldn't see him singing, but I could feel him singing inside himself, especially to Les Miserable. We all went for icecream afterwards in the golf cart. Mom is getting to be a better driver since the last time I was in it. She had only driven it like twice when I was in it before. She took me to a nook in the forest that you can only get to by golf cart. PTC is so cool sometimes. Brusters Icecream is the best. I got Rasberry Chocolate Truffle. It was amazing, but a little rich. I couldn't eat it all, but it was the perfect sugar rush to get me back to the mountains. I made it back home in record time. I have never seen so little traffic in my life. There were police everywhere, but that was because they had to shut down 285 (ugh, my condolences to those who have to drive on it today!), but after that it was like being on a speed train: Zooooooom!! Zipppppp!! Zipping through the connector is like unheard of, but now I know for sure how long it takes without traffic. With traffic it is anywhere from two hours and up, but without traffic it is faster than I am willing to disclose to my parents who are rolling thier eyes and am sure to get a phone call telling me to slow down. ZIPP! Luckily, I was in bed by midnight so I slept in until seven and gave myself permission to be late (especially since no one else in my department is here this week!). So this morning I got here at eight. Oh well. . .interview in thirty minutes. ***Wish me luck!:LUCK!!***(Name that movie quote)

No comments: