Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Tickled Pink


I am extatic (I wonder if that is a word) about my tickets. I am tired of telling people around here that I have them. No one likes her so instead of being happy for me they snarl.

I am supposed to hear back from a job interview today. Someone asked me this weekend why I would take the job since it doesn't offer any more money. I finally found a couple of reasons: nice answer: better benefits; not so nice answer: to get the hell out of this joint.

Generally speaking, yesterday was one of the happiest days I have had. I don't know if it was my return to ASC or what. I know that I spilt coffee down the front of my favorite dress and it didn't even phase my mood. I felt self-assured, self-confident and full of self esteem (I just listed three things that all mean the same thing!). Whatever it was, I felt great without being cocky or arrogant or I just felt good. Last night I played Monopoly with Grace and Cooper and Sherry and when we stopped, Grace had both Park Place and Boardwalk. I think I will be the first out. That is okay by me though. I have been beaten by my brother so many times in that game, I am used to it. We played the game in my apartment because Sherry still hadn't seen it yet. Having that many people in the place made it feel more like a home. Maybe it was just the kids part that made it feel like a home. I don't know. I was glad to get to spend some quality time with Sherry and her kids. Then John came over and swept me off to Cornelia for food, friends and fun. I was glad to go. I was happy all day.

The last news of yesterday was unfortunate: John's Mama fell. He sent her flowers for mother's day and after picking them up off the porch on her way into the house, she fell and busted herself up pretty badly. She went to the emergency room and all. He couldn't figure out what was going on, she frequently leaves town without telling him to go visit friends and family. So he thought maybe she had gone away for the weekend. Turns out she had, just not where she wanted, rather where she had to go. She is better already though and there were no broken bones, just bruises and such. Bruises are still bad. I hate bruises. We might go see her come Memorial Day weekend when I have a day off. I love days off. I wish I still had summers off. That would be the coolest...or warmest. I had a great day yesterday even though I didn't have the day off. I still feel good today.

No comments: