Monday, September 22, 2003

Settin' there under the quiltin' arbor
of an afternoon in the spring.
Laughin' and bluchin' and prickin' my fingers,
Rippin' our some crazy seams


So maybe it's not spring, but I did some quilting this weekend. I am working on a quilt for Megan's baby. She had her shower this Sunday and I would have to say that that baby will lack for nothing. I unfortunately, did not finish the quilt and gave her an IOU. I didn't realize the time it would take to hand sew it. I am using the piece top that I put together two years ago during the production. I am thankful that that part was already done. Otherwise, I would have never had the idea in the first place. The piece top is just the right size for a baby blanket. Meg looks like she is going to pop, but I guess that is the idea. I can't believe that one of my girlfriends is pregnant. That is kind of cool. It is definitely a new experience hearing all about the details. I had no idea some of the wierd things that happened. Well, I am glad it is she and not me. I watched Legends of the Fall while I was quilting because the music is so quilting oriented. That movie is such a wonderful saga. I forget that Brad Pitt isn't just a hunk, but that he is also a good actor. The cool thing on the DVD is that I can play the movie with out any words and only the music, so that is what I did the second time around so I could keep on, keepin' on. It was strange though to look up and see someone talking and no words coming out of their mouth. The music is really fit to the movie pretty tightly. It was well spent Saturday night on my own.

I went to the gym on Sunday and tried a new excercise suggested to me. They are called lunges. It had been two days since I had been to the gym, so I was a little slow, but I did the new excercise anyway. Today I feel very uncomfortable. It is not quite pain, but that feeling you get before the pain starts. I have a feeling that the pain will kick in later. Hopefully I will work out right on top of the time the pain kicks in and I won't feel it. I hope so because I have a b'day party to go to tonight. So many social things to do so little time.

I heard that one of my other girlfriends is getting a divorce. She has only been married for a few years and now is getting a divorce. I don't understand it all, but I do understand that somethings come to an end whether we like it or not. It is wierd having friends who are making decisions like having babies and getting divorces. It used to be breaking up and quitting the team. Things change, but in the same respect they are all the same just magnified. I am thankful that all I have to decide on today is whether or not I want to wear a long sleeve tshirt or a sweatshit over a tank. Simplicity is definitely a gift.

No comments: