Monday, September 15, 2003

ASAP

So there is this person at work, who no matter what she does, gets on my nerves. I understand that when there is something grinding inside it usually is because there is a mirror in front of me. Yes, this woman exihibits a lot of the same characteristics that are not so beneficial in my self, things like: selfishness, arrogance, control and of course the ever famous look-at-me syndrome. Mind you, I completely understand that these are my defects of character and that she is kind enough to point them out for me. Good gracious alive. I have been praying my morning prayers for God to remove my character defects that block my usefulness to others and separates me from Him. I think I am going to stop praying that one. JUST KIDDING!! It sure is hard dealing with people who are exactly like me. I am not the easiest person to deal with at times. Other times I am a joy. Staying in the joy is so difficult. I have opened my mouth a couple of times today and luckily no one was around to hear. It took me a time or two to realize I was talking out loud. But, Ms. Anne caught me one time (this was the time I realized I was speaking out loud). I apologized and said that my tongue got away from me. She looked at me and said, "well heavens child, ASAP!." ASAP? Always say a prayer and that tongue won't run off anymore.

So I guess from now on I will asap. What a concept.

No comments: