Monday, September 08, 2003

Like sands through the hour glass, these are the Days of Our Lives.

Let's see if the blog wants to publish! Looks good!

I wish I could say that I had nothing to say last week, however that wouldn't be the truth. Reality was that things were weird here on the super slow computer that I have the opportunity to type on and use. For some reason the blog would not go any farther than the first step and then it wigged out and wouldn't go to the publish stage of the process.

My week was fairly good last week. I went to here John give a talk for a large group of men. That was really wierd being the only woman. Mostly the men thought it was really wierd too. I didn't realize it was going to turn out that way, but it did. I was very grateful to have a friend or two there to sit with and listen. Then on Thursday, I went with John to visit his mama in North Carolina. Now, while most people's perception is that NC is a long way off, it is only about 45 minutes from me. It took us about an hour and a half to get to the person's home with whom she was staying. That was a beautiful ride. I think that I have decided that some day in the future, I will live in North Carolina. The town that we went to was Andrews, however, I have been all over NC (ie Asheville, Raliegh, Duraham, Black Mountain) and I love all of it. Perhaps I will do well enough here in the button factory that I will get swept up with a nice job offer from a NC manufacturer. That would be super cool. The visit with his mama was nice too. She is a really wonderful woman who I enjoy spending time with when it is possible.

Then on Friday, I pitched a fit. I don't know why, or how or what happened. It just happened. It lasted about three hours and then......boom.....everything was fine. I don't know. It was strange. I was really glad there was no one around to be effected by it. I hadn't been so angry like that since....forever. It was rather strange. The only thing I can figure is that my soul needed to exert some energy or maybe a catharsis. Who knows. I used to do that as a little girl and it didn't make any sense then either. The difference then was that it would last for longer periods of time.

Once the fit was over I went to a homecoming party for a friend of mine who was coming home from his honeymoon and is a mutual friend of John and me. It was fun and his folks live in this neat house where the party was. It was designed to be all triangles. Really neat.

Saturday was movie day. Saw, Bowling for Colombine. It left a disturbance in my heart. Very well made. Saw, Dare Devil. That was pretty disturbing to be a marvel comic. Really dark. Saw, Bringing Down the House. Very funny and cute. Worth every penny of my rental money. I would have to say, I would be willing to purchase. Not saying that I will, just willing. Also, I had to work on Saturday which was not so cool.

Then, Sunday, I went to my very first work out session of my FREE two week pass! I was so excited. I am going back again today even though there are some really sore parts on me today. Well not REALLY sore, more like foreshadowing what is going to happen tomorrow. The gym lady helped me take all of my measurements and told me what to do in order to reduce this and increase that. It was super cool. She said that it is no longer about weight, but more about inches. She said that weight becomes null because muscle weighs more than fat so I probably won't lose any weight, just inches. Yea! Size 6, here I come. I will probably join after this two week freebee is up, because my friend is the sales guy there and said he would cut me a deal. Yes, inspiration. It will be an everyday venture for a while until things get to a point where I can maintain at three or four visits a week. Cool though. I am willing and able.

That is my last week. I wish there was some thread to connect these days, but not really. Oh well. This is just my life, one day at a time.

No comments: