Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Immorality is the destruction of the spirit.

So I had the opportunity to here one of the Soiux Nation speak last night. He was a tremendous speaker. This is one of the statements that he used. And you know something? It is very true. When I am destroying my spirit I am usually doing something against my natural grain of survival and natural grain of the set of values that my folks gave me and taught me. When I am in self destruction, I am usually doing things that do nothing but destroy my self worth, esteem or in general the very prescence of God. I am in a zone of selfishness and self centerness to the extreme. My life crumbles around me with nothing holding it together. When I get to a point of incomprehensible demoralization, I go insane. Insanity is based on the premise that there is not a God of any kind. No concept what so ever. When I am in this state of immorality or self destruction, I am without God. I do not know much about the concept of hell, but I believe that the time I spent not growing up was a time without God and in a hell of it's own rite. That separation from God and morals and all of the good in the world allowed me to go to the deepest level of depicablity with in myself. I become ashamed and guilt ridden. I am not able to lift my head. I despise myself and reach the point of utter despair. Marilla says that to depair is to turn your back on God. I know that place. I will not go back. It is the only concept of hell that I do understand. When I have God in my life, God allows me to be made of love and understanding as opposed to self hatred and loathing. God allows me to be me, His perfect child worthy of life and vitality. When I am actively persuing God, seeking God, I am in a moral state that renews my spirit in which God graced me. Morality is the construction of the spirit, which I try to build on mine everyday.

No comments: