Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Hola amiga! ¿Como estas? Muy Bien, ¿y tu?

We have begun on the mighty trek of conversational Spanish. While I recognize that not everyone has had six years of Spanish class, I have never taken conversational Spanish. This means that while I can read and write Spanish all day long, I cannot speak it in communicative sentence to save my life. We are taking “Spanish for Healthcare Professional” from North Georgia Tech for staff development. Last night was our second night and the teacher has yet to teach. She seems nice enough though. I realize she has a lot to offer us because she is bilingual. She just doesn’t seem to be conveying it. Although, it may have something to do with me having too much exposure already and this being the beginning stages of the course. It is funny to see the folks in the office wandering around saying tidbits of Spanish here and there. The Spanish language with a THICK southern accent is very funny. There are all kinds of words that suddenly change meaning in the Spanish language if not pronounced correctly and folks are saying some crazy things round here. Buenos Nachos!

No comments: