Wednesday, August 25, 2004

And in plays to write the wire in
I'll come back again
Torching time talking rhymes in
I'll come back again

So Carter thinks that I should marry Nick Davis. Well, okay. I accept. The strangest part of all of it is that about a day ago I saw a boy about 12 or 13 who looked like I remember Nick looking when he was that age. He was so close in physical appearance that he took my breath away at first glance. Speaking of the Avondale folk, I got my pictures back from the fourth of July. Some are good, most are bad. The one that turned out the best is the one of Hunter, Carter and KC. How wonderful all three of those men are. The nice thing about that generation of Avondale is that they mostly turned out okay. My generation of Avondale, well, being that they are hard to come by these days, seems to be spread out and just gone. The last time I saw Alan Chastain he had really interesting tribal tattoos and wasn’t in school, rather just hanging out (that was when I was at ASC) and Tommy Brooks was about to hike the AT, which was about the same time. He was going to take six months off of school to do it. I am sure that Justin Evans has been arrested by now and there was me and that Davis boy. Last I heard he was fine and me…well I am doing pretty well for myself. I am as self-supporting and independent as is expected; have a great new apartment with a nice little job; can’t get a man if I wanted to (which is par for the course) and have enough friends to keep me socially active for several years. Strangely enough, one of the reasons I like Clarkesville, where my new place is, is because it reminds me of Avondale in the residential areas and Decatur in the business areas. It is safe and genuine. It is apparent that the kids there grow up together. There is a park and everything, the only thing missing is a pool.

No comments: