Thursday, August 24, 2006

I know who I want to take me home....


John & I got our wedding bands yesterday. I actually get two wedding bands. One will be fused to my engagement ring and one is so people won't steal my engagement ring. I am so spoiled. Unfortunately, the rings came on the wrong check. They came on the rent check instead of the oh-my-gosh-I-have-money check. Yeah, I recognize I should be more responsible than that, but I am not. Don't get me wrong, I can pay John's ring, I just will be very uncomfortable about it. John thought it was great fun saying that it is interesting how the rings arrival coincides with us being broke. He says we are as broke as two young married people could be...we don't have anything. I think he's nuts. We have everything. AND we can pay for our rings in installments, easy peasy my friend. It is funny though. It never occured to me that marriage and being broke went hand in hand. But when I think about it, that is exactly what happened to my parents. Happy living off the parents to broke in seminary. I don't know that will be so true for John & I. This was just a big expense. Hopefully, I will grow a little more and have a stock for expenses from here on out....nah. But maybe.

It was nice to see them. They are beautiful and clean. The rings fit both of us each perfectly. Perfectly. Like I was meant to wear that ring. Slid on like I'd been wearing it my whole life. There was something just moving about trying it on. It spooked me so badly I jumped to take it off. But then I put it back on again. Oh, I can't wait.

Countdown: 65 days

No comments: