Thursday, August 10, 2006

Somebody leave the light on...

Oh how I miss school. I have been in training for work for the past two days and I love to learn. I am sure that is something I get from my Dad, the master of disaster student. The man got straight A's on his DOCTORATE. What? That's crazy. Yes, my family. Carter actually ended up with the ability to make straight A's, but I think I got the desire to learn. I talked it over with John and I have wanted to get an advanced degree for some time. I ideally would like to go into law. I don't know that will happen. An Agnes Scott buddy suggested an MPA to enhance what I do. I thought that was a great idea. Now, I have to seek it out. God knows I want to learn. God knows I am ready to go back to school. I also want to see how I will do in school without being drunk. That should be interesting. I was an A-/B+ student in high school. Surely I can be in college. When I am drunk, I am a C- student. That is more than I can say for some drunk college students. I miss the challenge. I miss the academic rhetoric at the dinner table with honest knowledge about the topics. Someone who is not afraid to debate and know that it is not personal. John is about the only person I can do this with, it would be nice to have more people.

Such a dream.

No comments: