Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I could have danced all night,
I could have danced all night,
And then I could have danced some more...


I have started dance class. I am taking two ballet courses and one jazz course. It is in Athens, so it is a drive, but not that bad. I didn't know if I would remember anything, but my mind remembers. It is the strangest thing to hear this woman speak french terms and say specific things that are the lingo and my mind says, "I can do that." The problem is that it can't. It is very funny. I know what she is saying. I understand the moves, but my body is totally out of whack. It is so funny. I am backing up to beginner status so that my body can get back into whack with my mind. I love the class though. The teacher is great too. She is one of those kooky, older women who look like they used to dance once. What is really impressive is that she can dance. When she explains things (which she does once and quickly) she does the moves. It is amazing. She looks like a kooky old woman, but she is a hidden balerina. The girls in the class with me are all awesome. That is okay. It is like tennis. If you want to get better, play with someone who is. They will help my body to remember. The coolest thing about the kooky ballet teacher is that the first piece of music she played to go with our tondue exercise was the theme music from Ann of Green Gables. Yeah, I am not kidding. I get to dance with Lindsay Winzeler too. Who would guess that someone from Avondale would be there? It is a great thing. Carter says thirty minutes three times a week. This is an hour three times a week. Hopefully, I will be picturesque beautiful and back to being happy like I like it again. Whew. I sure am happy today. Thank goodness for dance.

No comments: