Sunday, January 29, 2006

My perspective has changed again. This happens every once in a while. It is rare and not generally life altering to anyone else other than myself. I came down last night to my brother's house. Kent and Ben were here and we all played Settlers. Ben went to a "gig" and Kent, Carter and I made plans for the evening. We couldn't decided on rental of a movie or go to a movie. I really wanted to see something that I would never be able to see in Habersham county, however, Carter's movie marathon torched all the good movies. We ended up going to appilitos and because of the wait, ordered take out and went to Blockbuster. We rented "Must Love Dogs." Plt. Bad movie. No chemistry between John and Diane. Both played their roles very well, however it is easy to play a role when you are type casted. I didn't like the blonde joke that was in the middle of it. There was nice play between Diane Lane and Elizabeth Perkins and Stockard Channing. They were believable when on screen together. I can see them in a role soon with a mother/daughter/sister combo. I didn't realize Stockard was working so much. I am glad she is because she is such a good actress. I woke this morning to realize that the evening was good, that Carter and I had not had one fight, spat or even a disagreement. I woke this morning to someone calling for help over the cell phone. Then shortly after prayers and a sumptous hot shower, I realized my brother has grown up. I know this is nothing new to those who have been hanging out with him for years (not that I haven't), but . . . he is a cool person to be around. Someone who has insight and kindness. I have always known that he is better at somethings than I am but I guess what I haven't known is that he is a real person. He has always just been my little brother. Although, I am sure if he wanted to, he could pull something insulting out of the closet and verbally throw it at me. He didn't all night. We got along all night like friends and grown up sibilings. Who would ever guess that me and my brother would like each other?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Carter? A grown up? That's news to me. ;)