Friday, January 13, 2006

Well, the swimmer I am swimming with is a real swimmer. She is stronger than I am and it was really hard for me to keep up with her this morning. I swam about two laps behind her the whole time. I wasn't able to go Wednesday (so as to keep the everyother day theme going) however I will still get the three times this week thing in because I will go again tomorrow. She is in much better shape than I am. I went to a "Women in Business" breakfast the other morning for our local Chamber and the woman who spoke was a hypnotist. She knew quite a bit about behavior and psychology which was impressive. She said that a behavior takes 21 days to place as a habit and that on the second week is when the body wants to not do the behavior. She was referring to not smoking, losing weight and other New Year's resolutions. While I haven't made any resolutions, I recognized that my body today was saying "GET OUT OF THIS INFERNAL POOL" all day and I am at the end of the second week. 21 days? We shall see. I am not willng to do 21 days, I am only willing to meet Martha tomorrow to swim again. The new chemicals that are in the pool (bromide) makes me feel sticky like someone dumped syrup all over me instead of totally dried out like the old chemicals. My hair has a plaque on it that makes me want to wash it with a clarifier immeadiately. Ick.

I watched the Exorcist this week in my movies from the netflix wonder. That was a ridiculous movie. There was an introduction by the director on the dvd that described it as a battle of good and evil and blazeblah. I watched the movie expected to walk away from it with some type of disturbance. Something that would make me say, hmm. Yeah, not even phased. It wasn't scary. It was a shocker: Boo! I am saying the worst words that can be said on a movie. Boo! I am doing something gross. Boo! I am gory. That isn't scary that is ridiculous. I expected it to make me walk away from it with at least some discussion but really all it did was make me go, that's it? It is a F for film. Stigmata is better than this film. There was no truth to it at all only public disgust. I just don't get impressed by films that try to be the worst language, worst gore and worst acting ever. That is not impressive. It is like the films that Quinten Tarintino does. When I was in college he was all the rage for Resevior Dogs. When I finally saw that film, I still haven't figured out the reason people watch it. Pulp Fiction was good. Sin City was good. He has some intermitent ones: Kill Bill Series that was ridiculous and unappealing. Why? If you are going to make me horrified, make it because it is a good horrifying film not just crap with excess. Everyone I have spoken to tells me to consider the time period that the Exorcist came out (1978) which even if it was 1978, it was poorly made excrement. I thought it was going to be good. Bltp.

The other movie I saw was School Ties. There were expectations for it to be bad so when it still was, I wasn't surprised. What I was surprised with was the cast and the writer. Wow. Lots of actors. Matt Damon out acted everyone. To be such a bad movie, I was surprised to see that Dick Wolf had written the screen play. I tell ya like I told my Mom, I guess everyone has to start somewhere.

The last one I have is City of God. I have no idea what is about, but it looked cool.

I am glad I have no plans this weekend. I am hoping for cleaning and sleeping to be a big thing this weekend. I have to be on my game for Monday. I have a potential 10k sponsor that I am meeting with on Monday first thing. Wish me luck. Then the races are on for two weeks. Go Rachel Go. My goal is to raise 50k. Can I do it? Who knows. My possibilities are endless. If I get every person on my list to sponsor, I will have 83k. Yeah, that is why I am shooting for 50.
Wish me luck.

I think I am going to get a massage this weekened. I have never had one. Hmmm. . .

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Massages are awesome. I had my first one a couple months ago. I wish I could afford to get one every week!