Friday, January 06, 2006

Back from another planet. . .



I don't really know what happened last week. There was an apple involved, nausea and having to go back to work. Sounds like I got drunk and lost my car again, except I didn't.

Let's see . . . I put on the New Year's Eve Apple Drop while being profusely ill. The event last one day, the illness lasted three. Even on the fourth day I wasn't quite up to par. The fifth day I had to play catch up. That was fun. I was able to manage to squeeze some fundraising time in there and ended up with a donation of about $5k worth of air time on the local cable network. That is a good thing because it will air all over the northeast. Yes, it means that I will be more on tv. On that note, I recognized that "the camera adds ten pounds" theory. So, Thursday instead of Bible study, I went swimming.

Sarah, you will like this: my swimming buddy is a former triathlete. She is getting back into the game and asked if I wanted to swim with her and with the whole camera problem, it is best that I lose what weight I am uncomfortable with anyway. I cannot say that I will be swimming forever or even for a week. I am not good at the whole committment to spiritual atonement through physical rigor (the whole "your body is a temple for the Lord" suggestion). I right now am only committed to Saturday at ten am. That way I don't get so overwhelmed with my ambitions and plans and anything else my head wants to scare me away from. One swim at a time. So my triathlete girlfriend is doing things like running and biking in the interum of my joining her to train for swimming. She hasn't trained in four years, however if you looked at her you would know immeadiately that she was an athlete. She thinks it is great that I used to swim in high school. When I told her that I hadn't been a pool in eleven years, I thought she was going to drown in laughter. She said that it would come back. She is, without a doubt, a great coach. I am going to get a couple of kickboards from Wally world today. It is hard to do the kicking without the boards.

I have had a desire to do early morning excercise for a while. I haven't been able to find anyone who would work out with me and me being as crazy as I am couldn't seem to do it on my own. We swam at 7 am in the morning on Thursday. That is a great feeling. My brother says that the most successful people he knows excercise first in the morning. My brother knows some pretty successful people and I have no problem following thier lead. There was a strange thing that happened as a result of first thing excercising: buzz. I mean buzzzzzzz. All day. I was going all day long even into my head hitting the pillow last night. I was buzzin'. I was more profficient yesterday than I have been in a long while. It was awesome. I ate right. I worked hard. I was positive. It was a really good day. I am definitely going to do that as much as I can. I hope it happens again tomorrow. Zoom.

It is nice to have someone who will work out with me. There are not very many women who will do it around here. Most women are married, have kids, want to have kids, live in another county or something that prevents them from working out. Some women I know have no interest at all in working out. None. They like themselves fifty pounds overweight. I can hardly stand being the size I am right now and I only have thirty pounds to lose. Yes, I do have thirty pounds to lose. I saw it on the scale at the dr's office and it is there and I am NOT happy about it. If I go thirty pounds less I will be the size I was in college which is perfect if you ask me or any of my boyfriends (those in college or the ones since then that are still around, which there are a couple). There are some women I know who are so caught up in what everyone else is doing that there is no way to do what they want to do, like working out. I have been like that for years. I am so afraid I will miss something that I can't take care of myself. I have had to learn that when I take care of myself that is when the something happens.

You know, when I used to lose my car and be so nauseated that my body revolted, it was self inflicted. I am glad that is not true today. No such thing as self-inflicted flu today. Although having non-self-inflicted flu is just as bad. I am glad that I have had both ends of the spectrum this week. This is the worst of times, this is the best of times. . . or something like this: this is the sickest of times, this is the healthiest of times. . .hahahahaaha

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I need to start swimming again too. I didn't do any triathlons in 2005 but I want to do one this year.

Though I am not a morning exerciser. Can't get myself out of bed early enough to exercise and then get to work on time. I exercise in the evenings.

Anonymous said...

so that's where you were Thursday morning...we all missed you. Are you coming back?