Monday, January 23, 2006

$50,000: 10 Days

Standings: Day 6

49 Solicitations
and a newspaper ad
and a mass mailer

$6,140.00 "In Kind"

$18,150.00 Monetary

More than lotsa let you knows . . .

Found a new bank that is coming to town that is interested in giving. Have applied to four foundations who give money to functions like mine. More on the way. Am in process for super huge donor on Thursday. Pitched to another possible Gala sponsor today. Had the BIG question given to me today by none other than the lawyer: So WHY are you a non-profit. Turns out I do not qualify for a 501c3 status as many non-profits do. I am an exemption much like a church. I am exempt from both 501c3s and 990s. I am a government affiliate (which means I am but I am not a government). He prodded a little more and says: WHO SAYS you are a government affiliate. I promptly pull out my paper work stating from the IRS . . . thanks he says. HAHA. I will make a great lawyer one day. Hard to fight a good arguement. Go lsat studying.

Time for the radio interview and paper interview.

No comments: