Tuesday, January 17, 2006

$50,000: 10 Days

Standings: Day 2

30 Solicitations

$5,530.00 "In Kind" donations (2 donors) ("In kind" means donations of goods or services so I don't have to pay for them. This is a new term to me. I have a pledge for $5k worth of advertising on the local tv affliate. Sweet. Our logo was also donated: 350)

$15,500.00 Monetary donations (City (10K) + 1 @ a pledge of five "probably more but that will get you started in your budgets" was the message on the phone!) More to come.

Have three "We will give something, we have to consult with Mr. N. Charge to find out how much and we will get back with you! Thanks for coming by," out there.

Still have three banks to hit before it is all said and done. That makes me sound like I am going to commit a crime, let me rephrase that: Have three banks that will give me money before it is all said and done with. Better, not great.

Still have the newspaper (in kind hopefully), Lowes and Walmart (penance for destroying the small towns across the us) and several lawyers (ca-ching).

Go Rachel Go...

No comments: