Wednesday, December 28, 2005

O Bless the Lord My Soul . . .

I have been listening to the Godspell soundtrack because in my meditation this morning it started out with "O Bless the Lord My Soul" from psalms and in the fashion of my family, I haven't stopped singing since! I thought that if I put on the soundtrack it would get the song out of my head, but instead I have been singing all day. I normally share the building with one other office, but the man that is in that office is on vacation this week so no one knows I have been working and singing at the top of my lungs all day.

The coolest thing so far happened today. The WallStreet Journal called me and interviewed me for my event on New Year's Eve. It was a staff writer and she said she would let me know if our city makes the cut for the final story. COOL. Thank you Joi Preciphs for calling me!

I read the temptation of Christ last night before bed. I love this story because it is about Christ BY HIMSELF, so why do we know about it? I also like it because I have been a little crazy lately and it is nice to know that Christ experienced a little craziness too. To me that is all a temptation is about: a little bit of insanity.

I am also reading Million Little Pieces. It is pretty good. It is very familiar. I am about to read the dreaded dentist scene that everyone talks about. I put it down until tonight because I wasn't up for it last night.

I also watched the third and final Godfather. WOW. That was a great movie. GREAT. One of the ladies at my bible study a few weeks ago was appalled at my watching the Godfather series, but after that last one, I have to get the set. They make more sense as a set. I have never seen the third one. Now I understand why the Godfather is the YChing of manhood. I cried. I loved and I can still feel Andy Garcia's eyes in love. Man. He is gorgeous. beautiful. I will probably watch When a Man Loves a Woman next. He just is such a good man in love. And Pacino. Goodness. His grief was so aparent and rippling. I am so impressed. I wish I could watch it again, but I made myself send it back to Netflix and am just going to have to buy it.

No comments: