Friday, October 14, 2005

While I recognize that I am the "go-to" girl on the square in Clarkesville, which means that I work for about four to five people on any given day, I once again, was looking for another job.

I told God, okay God, I want to go to law school, but what I am doing now is not cutting it, PU-LEASE give me a place to go that will meet my needs and let me play too.

So about that time my girlfriend who owns on of the many store where I work, was assaulted (long story I am not going to explain) and in the process I called in the crime, talked to the police officers yadayadayada.

Meanwhile, back on God's ranch, this woman who was across the street mentioned that she needed an office person in the middle of all that. Yes, God, I hear you.

So I prayed and meditated and walked across the street one day (off the square...ooh, ah, holy skikies, off the square). I gave her my resume. She got sick, . . .

Okay God, I thought you wanted me to get this job? What's going on?

Then another woman walks into a shop. She is leaving her job and wants me to have it.

THANK YOU FOR THE SIGN GOD!

I give Woman #2 my resume and she says to call this man and he will interview me. I call this man (after prayer and meditation because I was afraid--don't ask why) and make an appointment. NO ONE CALLED ME BACK.....

Alright God, I am going to just let you do your thing.

Woman #1 gets better and calls me for an interview. I go to the interview. She offers me the job. Yes, I say.

Thanks God, I got the message. Thank you. You are a great and awesome God.

The phone rings, the man calls. He wants an interview. After some consultation with spiritual gurus, I go to the interview. He wants another interview, meanwhile I am starting a new job come Monday.

GOD?!!!?!?!?!?!!

No comments: