Thursday, October 27, 2005

There are so many things on my mind today.

Grace is sick. That's sad. She has swollen glands and a sore throat. . .ack. I am going to take her a movie at lunch.

Was reading Mark/Peter last night. Christ is teaching in His home town and much like the Astros, there were little to no miracles happening. It talked about Him not being able to perform miracles. I found it interesting that they listed His brothers and His mother, but no dad. There wasn't a reference to God or Joseph, just Mary. Guess this is part of the reason the Catholics hold her in such high esteem. I find it interesting that the Catholics pray to Mary thinking she has pull with God or Christ. That line of thought lends to the idea that prayer is used for something more than communication with God, rather that it is communication with the dead. So if I go Catholic can I pray and talk to my grandmother? What if I misdial and get yours? Back to my original thought: not being able to perform miracles. That is strange. Is it because He was at home and the folks were of disbelief? Maybe it was lack of support. . .The people in the other miracles, Christ tells them their faith has made them well, which implies that it is a two way street healing: you believe, He heals, raises from the dead, stops the inside demons. Yet in His hometown, not matching to any prophesy of any kind they treated him and believed in him as those He were just Josh, nothing more, nothing special, but man He can talk and build you a good table or oxen yoke too. It is always good to have a trade. That was a wierd section. I guess even in Christ's life there was some dysfunctional family things happening.

This morning in the meditation in the bathroom it had this creed called the toddler's creed:

If I want it, it's mine.
If I give it to you and change my
mind later, it's mine.
If I I can take it away from you,
it's mine.
If I had it a little while ago,
it's mine.
If it's mine it will never belong to
anyone else, no matter what.
If we are building something together,
all the pieces are mine.
If is looks like mine,
it is mine.
The question at the end of the meditation is are you still following the Toddler's creed or are you allowing Christ to create in you a new, giving heart? Yeah, I am a toddler. Always and forever. Then the solution kicks in after the toddler thought and I have to practice a different action. Hopefully, that opposite action will train my thought processes so that I am not so toddler like, but as of right now, I am still kicking and screaming! I like the new creed that I have learned though:
If it ain't broke,
Don't fix it.
If it ain't yours,
Don't take it.
If it ain't so,
Don't say it.
I can remember that as a solution today and not worry about my actions being astray. That way, Christ can do whatever he wants with my heart....well unless he is in Nazareth, then he has less luck as it seems.

No comments: