Thursday, October 20, 2005

The meditation today made me laugh. It used the example of Cyprus. Cyprus's Dad whose name I can't spell, gathered together his advisors and ordered the young prince's death. So the henchman through him to the cold death on a mountain top. A herdsman came along and raised the baby prince, Cyprus, to a grown man with no knowledge of his lineage. That was the reference. It linked in to say that we too are of royal blood in that we are part of the royal blood of Christ. WHATEVER...bad reference. The thing about Greeks who have been thrown on a mountainside to die because of their father's hubris is that they always come back to kill Dad. I don't remember the story of Cyprus exactly, but my bet is that Cyprus rose up against his father after being told to his disbelief by the Oracle of his fate, not knowing it was his father and believeing it was just another king and killed him. NOT exactly a good example. Let's rejoice in the Lord while we mistakenly kill our Dads shall we! Hurray Rejoice, I say Rejoice.

Yeah, my humor is a little off, but the meditation in the bathroom seemed to be a little too far fetched for my Kern educated head to believe or even meditate. Maybe it makes sense to the masses, but to me it seemed rediculous. Education will bite me everytime.

No comments: