Wednesday, October 05, 2005

It is a sad day today. My girlfriend's father died. He died on Monday, but the services were today. Her name is Jill. She has housed me when I needed shelter, clothed me when I was naked, fed me when I was hungary. She is the epitame of what I consider a Christian to be. Her father was apparently a great man as she is a woman. There were easily 350 people at the funeral today. It was held at the big First Baptist Church in Cleveland, where both the sanctuary floor pews and the balcony pews were filled. About half as many went to the enternment. The wake last night had so many people . . . Jill was really upset. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose my father. I thought about calling him today, but there was already a fresh post on his blog so I know he is doing the things he loves to do. I guess her Dad wasn't doing the things he loved to do because he shot himself. The pastors kept talking about how close he was with God and his personal walk with Christ and how he loved his family and how he loved his life, but it . . .In his actions of his death, it speaks differently. My Dad has a tremendous walk with Christ and God has been ever present in his life, which he has passed on to me. My Dad loves his family. My Dad loves his life without a doubt. I think he loves his beach house most of all. Well, maybe he loves getting the perfect sound out of the girls. Or he might love baseball more. . . baseball card collecting, or pal-ling around with my Mom doing nothing and everything all at once, having dinner with all of the family, books about science, shows about science, music, music, and more music, I don't think I have to worry about my Dad in the same predictament as Jill's. I am really sad for Jill though. I can't imagine not having my Dad.

No comments: