Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Ready, ready, ready
Ready to run,
All I wanna do is have some fuuuunn….


So yesterday I made the smartest move of all time to save my interaction from the office, I labeled water in the basement. See, folks in the office are upset because I won’t give them any more gossip material about my life, in other words, I won’t talk to them about my personal life. So last week I was “confronted” in a grand nature of drama that comes with southern women and told that I was to shape up. Yesterday, once again, I was able to keep my self to myself, except this time I was nice about it. I haven’t been being very nice about it. Yesterday, I was nice. I removed myself altogether. I went to the basement (which is where they are moving my department anyway) and labeled water (it is a marketing thing). It was refreshing to be away from all the overwhelming racket of the folks upstairs that I am normally surrounded. I did eat lunch with them (them is the snoops and gossips) and manage to survive. I did it to try and create some kind of penance, mostly it just made me uncomfortable and I wanted to run away. Where to? Anywhere but there.

There was a good thing about yesterday. I went to the gym. Oh how rewarding! I haven’t been to the gym in almost six months and all of my clothes are snug to the nth degree and I am constantly uncomfortable because of this. The gym that I was going to went out of business on account that one of the partners ran off with 90K of the money. He was arrested because he didn’t leave the county. Duh. Brilliant thieves. But the folks, who came in to reopen it, opened it too expensive for my blood. So I haven’t worked out in a while. Then John, being the work out fiend that he is, sought out a new place as his old membership was running out. He found the place across the street from my apartment. It is a nice little gym. I signed on as his spouse for a discounted rate. Yeah, that freaked me out. But, at least I can afford it. I went yesterday for the first time and it was wonderful. I forgot how much I loved it. I felt like I could stay there all day doing cardio and crunching and weights and lunges. I feel better today too. I am a little sore around the edges, but mostly I just want to go back and get on the elliptical for another hour. My spirits were up and my body felt good. I walked over there and walked back. I took a shower in my shower and didn’t have to rush off anywhere. It was so convenient and so relaxing. They also have a sauna in the women’s locker room. I can’t wait to use it. It feels like a real gym too. There are old and new machines with local folks everywhere. There is a racquetball court and a free weight room. It is built into an old building so it is on three levels. It is very well structured. It feels like a city gym. Oh how much I miss the city and how grateful I am to live in a miniature city right now.

No comments: