Tuesday, November 23, 2004

A Pizza Hut, A Pizza Hut,
Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut


So today I thought I would splurge and eat something absolutely awful and headed to McDonald’s. The other reason is that I needed desperately to get away from the office and Mcky D’s is fifteen minutes out. I went there thinking that I would get a number two with a large sweet tea (cheese burgers are just my favorite indulgent item next to chocolate klondikes) only to find that I had forgotten about the change. McDonald’s has caught quite a bit of flack for being centers of obesity, when in reality it is about the people who are eating there. Point is that they are desperately trying new things; so much so that the McDonald’s in Cornelia is a pilot McDonald’s. Cornelia was specially picked and totally remodeled. The inside of it has sit down tables with linens and a wait staff. There are the best tables in the house that surround a fire place to give the perception that you are in a fancy restaurant. You can order steak and potatoes if you wish. There are luxuriant salads and any nature of fancy dishes. The drive through has been up graded to a double drive through to handle the traffic and there isn’t a parking spot in the entire lot. I just wanted a cheeseburger. Strangely enough, that is not what I ended up eating. There is a new line of food for their drive through customers: paninis. They are using a panini grill to make sandwiches and burritos (yes, burritos). I had a chicken panini with hot sauce for lunch with a garnish of parsley and an orange and of course French fries (no point in going to McDonald’s other wise). It was soooooo good. It also cost me seven bucks! I have never ordered seven dollars worth of food from there! McDonald’s is sure moving up in the world. It is the place to be for the working man to get a good meal. It will definitely give the other fast foods a run for their money. Even Chick-Fil-A would have a struggle against this pilot. And that is saying a lot, because I am a die hard Chick-Fil-A fan. Go Mcky D’s!

No comments: