Wednesday, November 17, 2004

I listen to my words
but they fall far below
I let my music take me
where my heart wants to go

I love Iris. She took one step last night all by herself. I couldn’t believe it. Both myself and my friend that was there with Megan and I howled with delight. Iris was so shocked. She looked at us with skewed eyebrows and mouth drawn and then sat down and crawled. I think we scared her. I baby sat her at Megan’s new apartment. It is so nice. It was an easier transition on Iris too. She didn’t cry a tear. Her dad was there not long after so I was done early last night which was good. I got into bed on time last night as opposed to Iris time.

I get to wait tables tonight. I am grateful for that job. If nothing else, Christmas will be great this year.

I have let my nursery job know that I won’t be working the nursery anymore so my last Sunday is this Sunday. I am excited about being able to go to Christmas services at the Episcopal Church. I really like the people there and most importantly the priest. She always has the best sermons. I don’t understand all the rituals they do, but I don’t have to understand. Their choir is not great, but that is not really why I like it. I really like the Sunday school and the priest. There are no good choirs up here. The big Baptist church claims a good choir, but I know better. It is hard to have a good choir with out a minister of music and using tapes. Bleck! The nice thing about Smoke Rise was that Christmas was such a big deal. It made advent so special. I don’t know that there is another church out there like it.

No comments: