Thursday, November 18, 2004

I said, are you gonna be my girl?

Hurray!! I have a job interview!! It is for Monday at four thirty and Zanzo’s is letting me off to go and interview! It is for a traffic coordinator who will perform multiple clerical duties including advertising orders in daily broadcast logs (what ever that means). All I saw was that it was something that I had experience in but was completely different than anything I had ever done. The station is WNEG-TV out of Toccoa, which now that I live in Clarkesville, is only about fifteen minutes from me. It is the first bite that I have had and while I am grateful for the interview, I am not worried about the pressure to take a job because I don’t necessarily need one, but if the price is right might take one. They say when job hunting out of college that the job seeker should interview the employer just as much as they do you. I have never had that opportunity because I have always been so desperate and in a crunch. Now, I do. I can say, “Do you offer benefits?” and “No, I won’t wait ninety days”. I can say I “my salary requirements are” instead of “I’ll take what ever you’re offering.” It is dreamy and almost makes this job worth working at to know that I am worth other jobs. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am not trapped. Sometimes I feel trapped. Even if I decided not to take the job (See that, my thinking is changing), at least I know and can ward off that feeling of being trapped. I already have my resume on fancy paper and everything! I am so prepped and ready to take on the wide world of interviewing! Hurray!

No comments: