Monday, November 01, 2004

H, A, double L-O, double U, double E-N, spells Halloween……

Well, it seems as though I thought I posted that Milton had died. Maybe not, however it is okay because Jeffy died too. Milton died sober, Jeffy overdosed. Two funerals in one day. Ruff. It has been weird in my world ever since.

On a lighter note… Because there are no neighborhoods (only farms) in Habersham County, the kids go out onto the town squares…..all three thousand of them not including parents were on the Clarkesville Square Saturday evening. Three thousand little goblins….I am glad that they couldn’t find my door because I didn’t have that much candy. The businesses all set up booths and there was face painting and candy and treats galore. There was popcorn and hotdogs and bobbing for apples and all kinds of fun and games. I had a double dinner date with John and another couple in Demorest and sat in the midst of the goblins totally mystified by the excitement for over twenty minutes of traffic just to get out of traffic. Amazing. It is probably the most exciting Halloween ever next to the time I won third place and a pound of M&M’s in third grade for my costume.

Sunday was nice. There were no stressors or obligations. I bought Rocky when I went to get Halloween candy the day before and watched it. It is still a good movie, although I never realized that Sly wrote the movie; that was cool to learn. Then I cleaned while Romeo & Juliet played in the background. I vacuumed and scrubbed my tub and had great fun. Then I rested in sloppy clothes out on my white wicker furniture and began reading “The Once and Future King.” It is a really good novel. I read that until the meeting. Once the sun went down, I lit candles for ambience even though the emergency lights came on. It was nice. I had music playing focusing the speaker out the window, which just added to the moment. I like moments that are so well created.

No comments: